"Nothing says glamour like an old-Hollywood hairstyle. To channel your inner Jean Harlow—like Lindsay Price did for a big night out in Tinseltown—look to the expert advice of Harry Josh. A stylist for Serge Normant at the John Frieda L.A. salon, Josh has styled best-tressed stars including Christy Turlington and Ellen Barkin. Print out his step-by-step guide, lock yourself in the bathroom and prepare for a mini hair makeover!
- To make hair super silky, start by using a strengthening shampoo, then towel dry.
- To give hair lots of volume, apply a palm-size amount of mousse from roots to ends.
- Next, spray roots with a volumizing spray to give the crown some extra lift. (Make sure not to spray the whole head to keep from weighing hair down. Focus on roots only.)
- Part hair just to the side of center to create a subtle bang, then loosely blow-dry hair in sections. Hair should be wavy and natural, not pin-straight.
- If you’ve got short hair, finish with maximum-hold hairspray to lock in the look.
Cum va place coafura?